The p-card is the preferred method for making low-dollar purchases needed for college business. The P-Card is designed to provide an efficient, cost-effective procurement process for departments and travelers to make allowable purchases of $5,000 or less.
The P-Card program places a high level of responsibility and accountability on both the CARDHOLDER (reconciler) and the APPROVER (department head).
CARDHOLDER & RECONCILER
- Be knowledgeable of the department’s authorized budget;
- Understand how expense transactions are recorded and processed for payment;
- Ability to keep track of and organize receipts;
- Timely reconciliation of cardholder statement online via PayIt!
- Timely online approval of cardholder statements;
- Understand departmental budgeting and expense accounting;
The p-card is for college business only. Personal charges are not allowed.