The p-card is for college business only. Personal charges are not allowed.
Examples of college-related business:
- conference registration
- memberships to professional organizations
- catering (from approved list of catering firms)
Travel Related Purchases
- Business meals
- Business airfare
- Business lodging miscellaneous travel expenses (cabs, Internet)
- Business center expenses while traveling
Personal, non-business purchases.
- Employee gifts.
- Alcohol charged to state accounts.
- Fixed assets/capital purchases (e.g. computers, furniture, over $5000).
- Cash Advances.
- Cell phones, PDAs, voice/data services, internet service providers.
- Lease payments.
- Computer hardware.
- Payment to attorneys or law firms for any purpose for any amount.
- Contract Payments: Payment to individuals for any purpose for any amount without a fully-signed agreement.
- Construction services.
- Personal vehicle expenses, including gas (reimbursement for such costs are made through the mileage reimbursement allowance. Only purchases for College vehicles are permitted on a P-card).
- Purchases charged to Federal Grants.
- Donations to any individual or organization.
- Trademark items.